written by runnergirl training
Runners have feet that take a beating. Here are a few ways to combat common foot problems.
1. Have a proper fitting running shoe. This ensures your feet won't have friction from parts of the shoe irritating them.
2. Replace worn out running shoes. If the midsole is stiff or brittle then it is time for new shoes.
3. Wear clean, dry socks & anti-blister socks. This prevents bacteria and skin irritation.
4. Keep the skin on your feet moisturized with lotion. This adds hydration and prevents the skin from cracking and trapping bacteria.
5. Keep toenails regularly trimmed and if athletes foot develops use an anti-fungal cream.